Choose these 2-piece skate guards from Guardog, A&R and Jerry's to protect your blades when walking in your skates. Whether it is a competition, exhibition, or simply some fun on ice, you can trust these guards to protect that edge you need to maximize the moment.
1. Find the CENTER OF THE BLADE and mark this spot as shown with a removable marker. Please be accurate. The accuracy of this center point will determine the fit of the guard.
2. Put one half of the guard on the blade and mark the guard where it matches up with the line on the blade. Cut the guard at this point. Proceed to step 3.
NOTE: If the guard does not reach the line try the other half of the guard on the opposite end of the blade. If the guard does not reach the line then no cutting is necessary. Proceed to step 4. If the guard exceeds or meets the line, it is likely the center point has not been accurately determined. Start at Step 1 and repeat the procedure.
3. Put the other half on the opposite end of the blade and mark the guard 1/8" short of the line. Cut the guard at this point. If the guard does not reach the line NO cutting is necessary.
4. Assemble with the springs on each side. Use holes for the screws that result in the springs being slightly stretched, even when the guard is not attached to the blade.
5. Once assembled and attached to the blade, the guard should have a 1/8" to 1/4" gap in the center.